Learn how to Setup a Help Desk Ticket System in Odoo
Learn to set up an Odoo help desk system that can track issues and assign help tickets to resolve critical problems
Learn to setup an Odoo help desk system that can track issues and assign help tickets that can be used to monitor and track resolution of critical problems.
- Introduction: Learn how to setup a help desk ticket system in Odoo
- Installing the help desk module and configuring our test environment
- Creating a new help desk ticket in Odoo
- Handling help desk requests and changing the status of help desk tickets
- Using filters and groupings to manage high transaction help desk facilities
- Tracking references and using the help desk communication features
- Utilizing the calendar view and drag & drop functionality to organize help desk tickets
- Installing the Issues & Tracking module for additional help desk functionality
- Creating an issue and using the help desk through project management
- Defining custom task stages for issues and help desk tickets
- Comparing the help desk module to the issue tracking module for help desk management
Using Odoo to setup a help desk
Odoo's Issue Tracking and integration with projects
The real value of this help desk is in the integration with Odoo
Greg Moss started working with personal computers at 12 years old. At age 15, he wrote his first paid business application, a loan management application for First American Acceptance Corporation. A few months later Greg developed a statistical application to process surveys for John A Logan College. Now more than 30 years later, Greg has produced hundreds of commercial applications and training courses, and has been involved in numerous enterprise application projects.
In addition to completing degrees in Business Administration and Information Systems Design, Greg is a Certified Information Systems Auditor, a Six Sigma Black Belt, and holds an Information Assurance Certification from Carnegie Mellon University. In addition to his successful consulting practice, Greg has worked in positions as a Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and excels in delivering technology-enabled growth to companies. He is an experienced digital marketer and focuses on real-world results and solutions.
Greg is the founder of First Class Ventures, LLC and OdooClass.com. Over the past 8 years Greg has produced over 200 video courses covering business application development and game design.
Greg is the author of Working with Odoo, Working with Odoo 10, Working with Odoo 11, Working with Odoo 12, and Learn Odoo.