Creating an Affiliate Program in Odoo - Part 2
Learn concepts such as URL routing, qweb templates, sessions, cookies, and Odoo web controllers
- Introduction: Developing a website controller
- Handling URL redirects and creating using sessions
- Create dynamic custom paypal parameter to hold affiliate code
- Develop a new website controller inheriting from Websitemain.website
- Extracting the affiliate code from URL parameters
- Tracking and reporting web traffic IP address and affiliate results
- Creating web templates for the portal layouts
- Using xpath to override the website.portal class
- Extending the dashboard to handle the display of affiliate banners
The "Building OdooClass" Development Series
OdooClass doesn't just provide the most comprehensive library of Odoo training videos and tutorials. From the very beginning OdooClass has used the Odoo platform to create its entire website, content management, and video subscription services. With this developer series, we reveal how Odoo development meets real-world eCommerce solutions.
Dynamic Web Applications created entirely in Odoo
Odoo is a very unique business platform in that it doesn't just offer full-featured ERP/Business Accounting it also provides a robust web framework that can be used to create powerful, dynamic applications. In this video, see firsthand how you can use the Odoo web controller, utilize URL routing, and create cookie sessions to track affiliate commissions.
Real-world Odoo Development for real eCommerce solutions
While we always try to create Odoo tutorials that would be applicable to business requirements, the Building OdooClass series does not contain contrived Odoo examples of solutions, but instead... real solutions that OdooClass uses to improve usability and functionality for our customers. This will be an ongoing series as we have many new features we plan to add to OdooClass.com.