Create Product Bundles and Advanced URL Routing
See how we create bundles for the eCommerce product page, as well as more advanced URL routing used for the OdooClass affiliate program.
- Introduction: Creating product bundles
- Using a custom boolean field to configure a product as a bundle
- Examining the code behind the product bundles
- Developing specialized user dashboard for affiliate users
- Custom user links to track commissions on products
- Using clipboard.js to copy text fields to the users clipboard
- Examining the code for affiliate dashboard
- Coding for the URL handling and routing using @http.route
- Advanced URL handling and working with proxy hosts
Customizing Odoo eCommerce to handle product bundles
As part of the continued enhancements that we are adding to OdooClass.com, we are now including the ability to sell multiple videos together as part of a bundle. So for example, we will be able to create an "Odoo Developer Starter Package" that would group together several of our entry-level Odoo developer videos that could be purchased for one price. This Building Odoo Class Series video demonstrates the required changes to the Odoo product models and eCommerce shop pages to implement this kind of functionality.
Developing a Full-Featured Content Delivery Platform
With each feature added in this Building OdooClass video series, OdooClass moves towards a full-featured content delivery platform. This segment we focus on bundling products for sale on the eCommerce shop page on Odoo, as well as the back-end security required to unlock all the videos for viewing and downloading by those who have purchased the products. If you are interested in customizing eCommerce applications in Odoo, this Odoo development video will be a good place to get started.
Building out web applications and eCommerce Solutions
One of the great things about this Building OdooClass video series is that you get to see real Odoo development in action! With each new video, you will get to see behind the scenes how OdooClass uses Odoo to deliver a customized user experience that continues to add features and enhancements. As you will see we don't just teach Odoo development... we use Odoo for real eCommerce solutions and extend Odoo based on real-world business requirements. Check back as we continue to add more videos to the Building OdooClass series.